The Department of Property draws on international expertise for its teaching and maintains strong industry links to prepare students for an exciting and challenging career in any branch of the property profession in New Zealand or abroad.
The department’s programmes expose students to theoretical understandings of property processes and equips them with the analytical skills to engage with contemporary property markets.
From there, students can specialise in investment management, valuation, property management, property consultancy, property development, commercial and residential real estate, building surveying, property finance, and investment and market research.
Property students are also given opportunities to connect with property professionals through networking events and the department’s successful buddy programmes, which link students with industry mentors. The department also publishes a graduate profile book to send to potential employers and every year sends strong student teams to compete in property case competitions against other teams from the world’s top business schools.
Undergraduate study in business and economics will give you a solid grounding in your chosen area.
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Business Conjoint Programmes
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Communication Studies Conjoint Programmes
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Computer and Information Sciences Conjoint Programmes
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Health Science in Psychology Conjoint Programmes
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of International Hospitality Management Conjoint Programmes
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Science Conjoint Programmes
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics
Graduate certificates and diplomas
- Graduate Certificate in Business
- Graduate Diploma in Business
Professional postgraduate programmes
These programmes are taught in class, and are designed to accelerate your professional career or take it in a new direction entirely.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Business Administration
- Postgraduate Certificate in Business Studies
- Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Accounting
- Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Finance
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Global Business
- Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing
- Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Accounting
- Master of Applied Finance
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Management
- Master of Global Business
- Master of Marketing
- Master of Professional Accounting
Research postgraduate programmes
These programmes involve advanced learning by conducting research, which will give you specialised knowledge in an area you’ve previously studied and transferable skills to stand out in the highly competitive employment market.
- Bachelor of Business (Honours)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Business
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business
- Master of Business
- Master of Philosophy
- Doctor of Philosophy
The Postgraduate Certificate and Postgraduate Diploma in Business don’t include a research project, but can serve as a pathway into the Master of Business research degree.
Certificates and diplomas
A certificate or diploma will give you an introduction to your chosen subject and can prepare you for further study.
- Certificate in Business
- Certificate in Business Studies
Contact us online
Phone 0800 AUT UNI (0800 288 864)
AUT Business School
WF Building, City Campus
42 Wakefield Street
School of Economics
WY building (level 2)
120 Mayoral Drive
Download map [PDF, 1.0 MB]