AUT’s degrees in engineering and computer and mathematical sciences are your opportunity to play a key role in New Zealand’s technological, social and economic development.
Our teaching and research staff are among the best in New Zealand and internationally. This, alongside collaborative learning environments and valuable workplace experience with industry clients, contributes to our programmes achieving the highest standards in student experience and employer satisfaction.
Undergraduate study in engineering, computer and mathematical sciences will give you a solid grounding in your chosen area.
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Computer and Information Sciences Conjoint Programmes
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Computer and Information Sciences Conjoint Programmes
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Science Conjoint Programmes
- Bachelor of Computer and Information Sciences
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Mathematical Sciences
- Bachelor of Science
Graduate certificates and diplomas
- Graduate Certificate in Computer and Information Sciences
- Graduate Certificate in Mathematical Sciences
- Graduate Certificate in Science
- Graduate Diploma in Computer and Information Sciences
- Graduate Diploma in Mathematical Sciences
- Graduate Diploma in Science
Postgraduate study in engineering, computer and mathematical sciences will build on your knowledge and expertise in your area of interest.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Computer and Information Sciences
- Postgraduate Certificate in Engineering
- Postgraduate Certificate in Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Computer and Information Sciences
- Postgraduate Diploma in Engineering
- Postgraduate Diploma in Science
- Master of Analytics
- Master of Computer and Information Sciences
- Master of Construction Management
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Engineering Project Management
- Master of Information Security and Digital Forensics
- Master of IT Project Management
- Master of Philosophy
- Master of Science
- Doctor of Philosophy
Certificates and diplomas
A certificate or diploma will give you an introduction to your chosen subject and can prepare you for further study.
- Certificate in Science and Technology
Master of Engineering
Discover the latest developments in the field of engineering and research a topic of your interest with the Master of Engineering. Complete either a thesis or a research project in engineering.
The Master of Engineering is designed to help you develop your research skills and enhance your knowledge in the field of engineering. There are two pathways: Research (includes a thesis), or Coursework (includes a research project).
We’re proud to be home to a number of internationally renowned research institutes and centres, and many of our students complete their research project in collaboration with these well-known research entities. AUT’s expertise in engineering ranges from telecommunications to materials and manufacturing technologies, and from industrial optimisation to engines and vehicles.
Minimum entry requirements
Must have completed one of the following with a B grade average or higher, or equivalent:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)¹
- Postgraduate Diploma in Engineering¹
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology including the paper ENGE601²
1. You can study the 120-point (one-year full-time) Master of Engineering.
2. Applicants with a three-year engineering degree will be enrolled in the 180-point Master of Engineering.
Applicants must normally have completed an advanced level of calculus at least equivalent to NZQF Level 6.
Applicants to the research pathway are also required to submit a Postgraduate Research Proposal (PGR1 form) before enrolling in the thesis.
English language requirements
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5 overall with all bands 6.0 or higher; or equivalent
Contact us online
Phone 0800 AUT UNI (0800 288 864)
School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
WZ Building, Level 3
6 St Paul Street
Download map [PDF, 1.0 MB]
640 Great South Road
Download map [PDF, 892.9 KB]