AUT is now New Zealand’s second largest and fastest growing university. We reflect the changing world, and emerging environments and industries. Established relationships with employers and professionals make our teaching and research relevant to current and future industry, which shows in our 95% graduate employment rate.
AUT prides itself on its high lecturer-to-student ratio, student support services and modern on-campus facilities.
We are accredited by the New Zealand Government, internationally recognised and globally competitive.
QS World University rankings list us in the top 450 universities globally* with an overall 4-star rating.** Our School of Business is ranked in the top 5% of business schools worldwide by the Association to Advance Collegiate School of Business
QS World University Subject Rankings 2020
- Accounting and Finance – top 150
- Art and Design – top 150
- Business and Management Studies – top 250
- Communication and Media Studies – top 150
- Computer Science and Information Systems – top 450
- Economics and Econometrics – top 300
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering – top 500
- Hospitality and Leisure Management – top 34
- Mechanical Engineering – top 500
- Sports – top 35
AUT’s leadership and vision
AUT is a contemporary New Zealand university, led by a strategic team and governed by a council. The Vice-Chancellor is the head of the University and is supported by the Strategic Leadership Team.
The AUT Council is the governing body of the University and is made up of lay members, academic and professional staff, at least one student, and members appointed by the government.
Campuses and locations
Find phone numbers or contact us online
- Phone +64 921 9999
- Find faculty or department numbers