Learn how to make the most of the IT facilities and resources we offer at the University of Auckland Library and the Student Learning Centre.
Explore the computing and IT services available at the Information Commons, inside the Sylvia Ashton-Warner Library on the Epsom and Tai Tokerau campuses. Learn about the University IT environment, and familiarise yourself with saving, photocopying, printing and scanning by visiting IT Essentials.
The Commons provide individual workstations, printers, scanner and copiers. You can get walk-in, email and telephone support at The IC Helpdesk.
The Faculty of Education and Social Work provides student access to the teaching labs for the general computing needs of all students enrolled in faculty of Education and Social Work courses. You will find computing labs on the fourth floor of N Block (N431 and N433). The computers in the teaching labs are available for student use when classes are not running.
- Teaching labs open 8am-4pm Monday to Friday during semesters except public holidays.
- Teaching labs are unavailable for general student use when classes are scheduled.
Workshops to support your IT needs are provided through Libraries and Learning Services. Not all workshops are available at Epsom and Tai Tokerau; many are available on the City Campus only.
As an AUT student, we want to make sure you have access to our range of IT services. Make sure you visit the Accessing AUT computers from home page.
In this section, you’ll find everything you need to know about anything IT-related at AUT – from gaining access to the network to printing and copying, it’s all there.
In this section:
- Network login and password
- IT account registration
- Tech Central computers and software
- Printing and copying
- Topping up your print and internet account
- Using the internet and wifi
- Saving your files
- How to access and sync your student email
- Cyber security
- Accessing AUT computers from home
Contact ICT Service Desk
Phone: 0800 AUT ICT (0800 288 428)
- Monday to Friday: 7am to 10pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10am to 6pm
Hours may vary during semester break and Summer School.
ICT Service Desk staff are at Tech Central on each campus:
City Campus: WA4
North Campus: AL125
South Campus: MA2