At Bank of Melbourne, we understand that everyone has the will. The will to be happy, to be there for the ones they love, to try something new. The will to get a place of their own or be their own boss. Sometimes what’s missing is the way. That’s where we come in. A city and state as progressive as ours deserves a bank that shares the same values.
As your local bank, our team will work with you to find the way forward. We want to see your ambition – modest, medium or sky–high – become a reality. We do this through our dedication to customer service, by being small enough to get to know you so we can plan together, with our network of branches and our handy mobile banking app.
We support our city’s progress through partnerships with iconic sporting venues like the MCG, and celebrate our food culture with events like Melbourne Food and Wine Festival. We’re investing in the arts with Collingwood Arts Precinct, where we’re helping create a new cultural destination for the city’s northern fringe. We’re also supporting our neighbours who need a helping hand; our Foundation has supported local communities with more than $3 million in grants since 2013.
No matter where you’re heading in life, if you have the will, let’s talk about how we can work with you to find the way.
Bank of Melbourne Products
- Bank & Save
- Home Loans
- Credit Cards
- Personal Loans
- International & travel
- Monday 9.30am – 5pm
- Tuesday 9.30am – 5pm
- Wednesday 9.30am – 5pm
- Thursday 9.30am – 5pm
- Friday 9.30am – 5pm
- Saturday 9am – 1pm
- Sunday closed
Receive money from overseas
How do I receive money from overseas?
- If you’re receiving an international payment into your Bank of Melbourne account, your payer may be asked to enter the Bank of Melbourne SWIFT code/SWIFT BIC Address, which is: SGBLAU2S.
- If you are receiving money from a US Bank, your payer may be asked to enter the Routing Number, which is: 021 000 021.
- Your payer may also be asked for the address for international payments which is your branch address.
- You will also have to provide your 9 digit account number which is available on your account statements or internet banking.
- For fees and charges information kindly refer to the “For Inward telegraphic transfer (plus overseas bank charges)” section.
Bank of Melbourne Mobile Banking
Bank of Melbourne Mobile Banking is designed to give customers full banking functionality in an easy to use, intuitive & secure environment.
• Open an everyday banking or savings account in 3 minutes.
• Set up & view the balances & 10 most recent transactions of up to 3 accounts without logging on
• Easily transfer money between your Quick balance accounts
• Set up your iOS widget to access Quick balance from your Today Tray without opening the app (iOS 10 or above)
• Share your BSB via message or email from Quick balance.
• Use your fingerprint or security number to logon^
• Use Face ID to logon on iPhone X.
Manage your settings
• Tap the profile icon to update your details.
• Paid for a shared expense? Use Expense Splitter to keep track of who’s paid you. You can also SMS your friends what they owe you~.
Notifications and alerts
• Choose from 7 types of alerts: Deposit, Withdrawal, Daily Balance, Low Balance, High Balance, Dishonour, & Credit Card Repayment Reminder
• Receive as a mobile push notification, SMS or email alert.
• Withdraw cash without your debit card from any St.George, Westpac, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA ATM within Australia (daily and weekly limits apply).
Lost your card?
• Temporarily lock your card for up to 15 days*
• Report your card lost or stolen.
Contact us via Mobile Banking
• Tap ‘Contact us’ to get help faster & skip the security questions~.
Payments & transfers
• Send & receive payments in near real time between customers with St. George, Bank of Melbourne & BankSA
• Make transfers & payments (including BPAY®)
• Pay someone using their mobile number
• Send money overseas to existing payees.
Track your spending
• See where your money goes with ‘Categories’+.
Tap the Services menu to:
• Sort or rename your accounts
• Easily search your transactions by date, amount or description
• Schedule future & recurring payments
• Download a Proof of Balance or Interest Earned report
• Download 30, 90 or 120 day transaction listing report
• Activate your new credit or debit card
• Change your daily ATM/EFTPOS cash withdrawal limit for most credit and debit cards (daily limits apply)
• Tell us when you’re going overseas.
ATM & Branch Locator
• Locate your nearest St.George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA or Westpac ATM or branch
• Find a Global ATM Alliance network ATM when overseas.
• Use Mobile Banking on your Apple Watch, by pairing it with an eligible device
• Enjoy our refreshed Apple Watch App design
• Use our refreshed Apple Watch App independently of our iPhone App on Apple Watch series 3 after setting up your iPhone.
•Make your messages exciting with static & animated MelbEmojis.
If you’re having issues with our app, delete and re-install. If issues persist call us on 1300 555 203.
Things you should know:
~Standard SMS, call or data charges apply.
*Locking your card will temporarily stop new transactions on your card for up to 15 days or until reactivated. The card will automatically reactivate after 15 days if you don’t unlock the card or report the card lost or stolen.
^Fingerprint logon & other functions may not work on jailbroken devices. View compatible phones at bankofmelbourne.com.au/online-services/mobile-banking/supported-devices.
+This tool provides general information & is intended to be a guide only. Available on savings, transactions & credit card accounts.
Information is current at time of download & subject to change. We collect information on how you use this app for analysis of aggregate user behaviour.
Read the Terms & Conditions for the applicable product or service at bankofmelbourne.com.au before making a decision & consider whether the product or service is appropriate for you. Fees & charges may apply.
® Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
Bank of Melbourne – A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL Australian credit licence 233714.