BankSA has been part of the fabric of South Australia since March 11, 1848, when The Savings Bank of South Australia, the forerunner of today’s BankSA, began its life as a small one-person outfit.
On that day, John Hector, the bank’s sole employee, opened the bank’s books and the doors of its single room office, which was provided, free of rent, by the Glen Osmond Union Mining Company, in Gawler Place, Adelaide.
That same day, the historic first deposit marked the Savings Bank as the ‘people’s bank’ for generations to come.
- Bank & Save
- Home Loans
- Credit Cards
- Personal Loans
- International & travel
BankSA Mobile Banking
BankSA Mobile Banking is designed to give customers full banking functionality in an easy to use, secure environment.
• View balances and 10 most recent transactions of up to 3 of your accounts without logging in
• Set up your widget to access Quick balance without opening the app
• Easily transfer money between your Quick balance accounts
• Share your BSB via message or email from Quick balance.
• Use your fingerprint or security number to logon†.
Manage your settings
• Tap the profile icon to update your contact and logon details
• Paid for a shared expense? Use Expense Splitter to keep track of who’s paid you back. You can also SMS your friends what they owe you~.
Notifications and alerts
• Choose from 7 types of alerts: Deposit, Withdrawal, Daily Balance, Low Balance, High Balance, Dishonour and Credit Card Repayment Reminder
• Receive as a mobile push notification, SMS or email alert.
• Withdraw cash without your debit card from any Westpac Group ATM within Australia (daily and weekly limits apply).
Lost your card?
• Temporarily lock your card for up to 15 days*
• Report your card lost or stolen.
Contact us via Mobile Banking
• Tap ‘Contact us’ to get help faster. No need to answer security questions as you’re already logged in~.
Payments & transfers
• Send and receive payments in near real time between customers with St George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA
• Make transfers and payments (including BPAY®)
• Send money overseas to existing payees
• Make mobile payments with your eligible card with Google PayTM (using the Google Pay app from Google Play store).
Track your spending
• See where your money goes with ‘Categories’+.
Tap the Services menu to:
• Sort or rename your accounts
• Easily search past transactions by date, amount or description
• Schedule future and recurring payments
• Download a Proof of Balance or Interest Earned report
• Download a 30, 90 or 120 day transaction listing report
• Activate your new credit or debit card
• Change your daily ATM/EFTPOS cash withdrawal limit for most credit and debit cards (daily limits apply)
• Tell us when you’re going overseas.
ATM & Branch Locator
• Locate your nearest Westpac Group ATM or branch
If you are having issues with our app, please delete and re-install it. If issues persist please call us on 1300 555 203.
Things you should know:
†Not available on rooted devices. View compatible phones at banksa.com.au/online-services/mobile-banking/supported-devices
~Standard SMS, call or data charges apply.
^Cannot be decreased below the minimum limit. Available for personal credit cards and Amplify Business credit cards, excluding joint owned cards.
*Locking your card will temporarily stop new transactions on your card for up to 15 days or until reactivated. The card will automatically reactivate after 15 days if you do not unlock the card or report the card lost or stolen.
+This tool provides general information and is intended to be a guide only and not intended to be relied on. Available on savings, transactions and credit card accounts.
Some features and functions may not work on rooted devices.
Information is current at time of download and subject to change. We collect information on how you use this app for analysis of aggregate user behaviour.
Read the Terms and Conditions at banksa.com.au before making a decision and consider whether the product or service is appropriate for you. Fees and charges may apply.
Receive money from overseas
How do I receive money from overseas?
- If you’re receiving an international payment into your BankSA account, your payer may be asked to enter the BankSA SWIFT code/SWIFT BIC Address, which is: SGBLAU2S.
- If you are receiving money from a US Bank, your payer may be asked to enter the Routing Number, which is: 021 000 021.
- Your payer may also be asked for the address for international payments which is your branch address.
- You will also have to provide your 9 digit account number which is available on your account statements or internet banking.
- For fees and charges information kindly refer to the “For Inward telegraphic transfer (plus overseas bank charges)” section.