Ho Technical University 2018/2019 Admission Requirements
Ho Technical University 2018/2019 Admission Requirements; Below are all the entry requirements for Tertiary and non tertiary programmes of Ho Technical University
- TERTIARY PROGRAMMES
- TOP-UP BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY (B-Tech) PROGRAMMES
- Bachelor of Technology, Hospitality and Tourism Management (Regular and Weekend options)
- Bachelor of Technology, Automobile Engineering (Regular and Weekend)
- Bachelor of Technology, Agricultural Engineering (Regular and Weekend)
- HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) PROGRAMMES SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMMES
- HND Agricultural Engineering (Regular)
- HND Mechanical Engineering (Automotive and Production options)(Regular)
- HND Building Technology(Regular)
- HND Civil Engineering(Regular)
- HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering(Regular)
- HND Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management(Regular and Weekend)
- HND Food Technology (Regular)
- HND Event Management (Regular)
- HND Statistics (Regular)
- HND Agro-Enterprise Development(Regular)
- HND Computer Science(Regular)
- HND Information Communication Technology (Regular and Weekend)
BUSINESS AND HUMANITIES PROGRAMMES
- HND Accountancy(Regular and Weekend)
- HND Marketing (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Secretaryship and Management Studies (Regular)
- HND Banking and Finance (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Purchasing and Supply (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Industrial Art (options: Graphic Design, Ceramics, Painting, Textiles, and Sculpture)(Regular)
- HND Fashion Design and Textiles(Regular and Weekend options)
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR TOP-UP B-TECH AND HND PROGRAMMES
- BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMMES
- HND in related field or fields of study with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division)
- Any other equivalent qualification
- Applicants must have at least 1 year relevant industrial experience.
- HND PROGRAMMES I. SSSCE HOLDERS
- Six Passes (A-D) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics: and
- At least three (3) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization
- WASSCE HOLDERS
- Six Passes (A1-D7) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics; and
- Must possess a minimum of C6 in any three (3) of the passes relevant to the area of specialization.
- DBS HOLDERS
- Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE Credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least three DBS passes in relevant courses.
- ABCE/’O’&’A’ LEVEL HOLDERS
- Five (5) GBCE credits of five (5) C.E. Ordinary Level credits including English
Language and Mathematics plus at least two (2) G.C.E. ‘A’ Level/ABCE passes.
- GBCE HOLDERS
- Five (5) GBCE credits including English, Business Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies.
- TECHNICIAN PART II/III HOLDERS
- Certificate holders with four SSSCE/WASSCE credit including English Language and Mathematics.
VII. TECHNICAL SCHOOL (CERTIFICATE II) HOLDERS
- Passes in English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus any three (3) relevant trade courses.
VII. MATURE CANDIDATES:
- Must be at least 25 years old by the time of application.
- Must pass a written aptitude test (English, Mathematics and General paper in relevant area)
- And/or pass an interview.
- NON-TERTIARY PROGRAMMES
- Pass in Intermediate Fashion/NVTI Grade One; OR
- Teacher’s Certificate ‘A’ including Vocational skills. OR
- SSSCE/WASSCE Certificate with passes in four (4) subjects including English, Clothing and Textiles or Visual Art.
Course Duration: 2 YEARS for applicants with (i) and (ii); 3 YEARS for applicants with (iii)
- MOTOR VEHICLE TECHNICIAN PART I (MVT I) / AGRIC ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN PART I
Course Duration: ONE (1) YEAR
- Pass in General Course in Engineering.
- Motor Vehicle Mechanics Work (MVW)
- Agricultural Mechanics; OR
- Credit in 825/1 Internal Combustion Engine Work and 825/2 Vehicle Work. OR
- 815/1 Motor Vehicles Craft Work and a minimum of TWO YEARS relevant Industrial Experience. OR
- SSSCE/WASSCE passes in three (3) core and two (2) relevant elective subjects (Science and Technical). In all five (5) subjects are required with aggregate of 23 or better for SSSCE and 33 or better for WASSCE.
- MOTOR VEHICLE TECHNICIAN PART II (MVT II)/ AGRIC ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN PART II
Course Duration: ONE (1) YEAR
Applicants must have:
- Motor Vehicle Technician Part I Certificate or
- Agricultural Engineering Technician Part I.
- CONSTRUCTION TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATE PART I (CTC I)
Course Duration: 1 YEAR
SSSCE / WASSCE Applicants
- Passes in Core English, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science/Core Science plus two
(2) relevant Technical or Science elective subjects. OR
- General Course in Construction (G.C.C.) Certificate. OR
- Advanced Certificate in Carpentry and Joinery (C&J) or Painting and Decorating (P&D) or Block-laying and Concreting (B&C).
- CONSTRUCTION TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATE PART II (CTC II)
Course Duration: 1 YEAR
Applicants must have Construction Technician Course Part I Certificate.
- CERTIFICATE II PROGRAMME
Course Duration: 2 years
- Passes in two core subjects i.e. Mathematics, English, integrated Science/Core Science/Agriculture Science plus passes in any two (2) relevant electives
- Cookery N.V.T.I Grade 1&2 Certificate holders
VII. DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS STUDIES (ACCOUNTING, SECRETARYSHIP, MARKETING, MANAGEMENT AND STATISTICS OPTION)
SSSCE /WASSCE Applicants
Passes in (4) subjects: i.e. English, Mathematics and any other two relevant subjects.
GCE ‘A’ / ‘O’ Level Applicants
- Passes in Five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects with credits in English and Mathematics.
- Two (2) GCE ‘A’ level passes plus 3 passes at GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including
- One ‘A’ Level in a relevant subject area plus four (4) passes at GCE ‘O’ Level
subjects including English and Mathematics. A pass in general paper is an advantage.
General Business Certificate Applicants
Four (4) passes at General Business Certificate Examination (RSA II) including English Language and Business Communication.
VIII. EEE TECHNICIAN PART III
Course Duration (1 Year)
Applicants must have EEE Technician Part II Certificate
- EEE TECHNICIAN PART II
- Passes in 3 courses in EET I
- Advanced Electrical Installation (Course C) Certificate.
Passes in Core English Language, Core Mathematics, Core Science / Integrated Science and elective subjects including Physics, Mathematics and either Chemistry or Applied Electricity OR Electronics OR Biology. Technical Drawing is acceptable in place of Chemistry. In all five (5) subjects with aggregate 23 or better for SSSCE and 33 or better for WASSCE.
- EEE TECHNICIAN PART I Technician Applicants
- Passes in Electrical Installation Works (Course B) Certificate
Passes in Core English Language, Mathematics, Science /Integrated Science plus 2 passes in elective Mathematics and either Physics, Applied Electricity, or Electronics or Technical Drawing.
- PRE-HND ACCESS COURSE FOR TECHNICAL/VOCATIONAL SCHOOL GRADUATES
The duration of this programme is one year. It is designed for graduates of Technical and Vocational Institutions who have successfully completed their programmes of study and wish to pursue an HND programme in the University.
- Applicants should posses a minimum qualification of Intermediate or Craft Certificate or its equivalent in the relevant area of study.
- Students with SSSCE (A-D) or WASSCE (A1-C6) in any two relevant electives.
Successful Pre-HND candidates will proceed to enroll in any of the following Programmes:
- HND Agricultural Engineering
- HND Automobile Engineering
- HND Building and Civil Engineering
- HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- HND Fashion Design & Textile
- HND Industrial Art
- HND Hotel, Catering & Institutional Management
- HND Food Technology