Southsure started as a specialist life insurance company providing life and disability insurance exclusively to SBS Bank.
Our focus has always been on providing an advice-based service for our customers while keeping premiums as low as we can.
Demand for our services among SBS customers quickly grew and we formed a partnership with Lumley, (a business division of IAG New Zealand Limited) to provide car, house, contents and boat insurance too.
The addition of travel insurance rounded out our ‘everyday insurance offer’ thanks to our partnership with Comprehensive Travel Insurance (2004) Limited and Allianz Australia Insurance Limited.
Today, every New Zealander can access personal insurance through Southsure directly, and benefit from our friendly advice-based service.
How We Do Things
- We appreciate your business
- We understand everyone has different goals
- We work best when we work with you
- We promise to use everyday, simple language where we can
- We want you to understand your cover
- We’ll take you through the ‘fine print’
- We want you to have the right cover for your circumstances
- We won’t try and sell you more cover than we think you need
With an ‘open door’
- We welcome your suggestions
- Where we can make a change for the better, we will
- If you need to talk to a senior manager about anything, you can
- We’re just a phone call away
Southsure Assurance Limited Products
- Term Life
Helps the people you leave behind get by with a lump-sum payment when you die.
- Income Protection
Covers your essential expenses if an illness or injury keeps you off work, or you lose your job through no fault of your own.
- Critical Condition
Eases the financial strain if you suffer a serious or life-changing illness or injury covered by the policy.
- Funeral Cover
Takes care of your funeral expenses so your family won’t have to.
- For homeowners and landlords
- Comprehensive cover for your house, holiday house or investment property
- Includes temporary accommodation cover for you and your pets
- For homeowners and renters
- Comprehensive cover for your household contents, personal and special items
- Includes home office cover and change of situation cover if you move
- For private car owners
- Comprehensive, Third Party or Third Party Fire and Theft options
- Comprehensive includes new vehicle replacement and trailer cover
- For sail boats, motor boats and recreational watercraft
- Comprehensive cover on and off the water
- Includes trailers, fishing, diving and water-skiing gear
Leisure Travel Insurance
- Higher limits and extended benefits
- Customise to suit with standard and optional covers
- Free cover for dependent children under 21 years
- Recreational sports covered
- Cover for some pre-existing medical conditions
- Lower limits and benefits
- Purchase as is or customise with the optional covers you need for the journey you have planned
- For travellers up to age 70 with no pre-existing medical conditions
Additional Cover Options
- Business Travel – includes cover for trade samples and tools of trade, and multi-user cover
- Leisure Travel Frequent Flyer – unlimited trips during a 12 month period (60 day max. per trip)
- Loss of Deposits Only (for leisure travel) – up to $10,000 to cover the cost of cancellation
Southsure Assurance Limited Contact
- 0800 002 002 Everyday insurance for new Zealanders