Started in 1989, Sovereign has gone on to become New Zealand’s largest life insurance company. Originally starting out as a life insurance and investment provider, Sovereign acquired a few insurers along the way to now provide cover to over 650,000 New Zealander’s.
In 1998 Sovereign was bought by the ASB Group which is turned owned by the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA).
They are a value based company – in that they put people first. Not only for their customers, but also staff and the community – evident when you see their sponsorship efforts across the board.
Sovereign has a A+ (Superior) financial strength rating by A.M. Best.
Since 2001 Sovereign has paid out $3.2 billion in claims on its life insurance and health insurance products, Sovereign also has a home loan division.
Products offered by Sovereign
- TotalCareMax Life Insurance
- TotalCareMax Progressive Care
- TotalCareMax Living Assurance
- TotalCareMax Total & Permanent Disability Insurance
- TotalCareMax Specialist and Diagnostic Testing
Income Protection Insurance
- TotalCareMax Income Protection Insurance
- TotalCareMax Mortgage and Income Protection
- TotalCareMax Essential Disability Income Protection
- TotalCareMax Redundancy Cover
- Private Health Cover
- Private Health Plus
Call Sovereign Insurance
0800 500 108
(or +64 9 487 9963 from overseas)Claims – press 1
Cancellations – press 2
Sovereign Policies – press 3
AIA Policies – press 4
AIA Vitality – press 5