The University of Auckland established the Learning and Teaching Technology Review (LTTR) Programme in 2014. The LTTR Programme’s purpose was to support the University’s learning and teaching with a cohesive suite of contemporary educational technologies. Out of this came the Canvas Implementation Project.
- The University completed a review, e-learning investment plan and report in 2014.
- The University announced the decision to replace CECIL, the current Learning Management System (LMS), in February 2014.
- The University conducted a detailed procurement process for a new LMS.
- The Tenders Board approved Instructure and their product Canvas in May 2015.
- The Vice-Chancellor announced Canvas as the new LMS product for the University in June 2015.
- The University offered orientation and discovery sessions in the third quarter of 2015.
- The University delivered migration and training opportunities in the fourth quarter of 2015.
- The University conducted a Summer School Pilot in the first quarter of 2016.
- The University delivered all of its courses in Canvas in Semester One 2016.
Offshore Students in Canvas
The University of Auckland is working with government officials to ensure our overseas students can join us in Auckland for on-campus study as soon as it is safe to do so. However, many overseas international students will be still be studying with us remotely in…read more
Canvas monthly meeting – July notes
Discussion points and the PowerPoint slides from the July Canvas monthly meeting are now available:The meeting minutes can be downloaded at:Canvas Monthly Meeting July minutesGemma’s presentation: DCO Update – Townhall July 2020Patricia Scott’s presentation and the…read more
Seeing 0 mark or late penalty applied to Final Assessments? Check Late Policies first
The Late Policies set in Canvas GradeBook apply to all the file upload assignments and graded quizzes including Final Assessments. If you see a score (e.g. 0 point) or penalty applied to Final Assessment submissions, please check if any Late Policies have…read more
New to Canvas or want a refresher? Come to our weekly Zoom sessions and we learn together.
Are you new to Canvas and want to know more about it for teaching? We have Canvas introduction sessions every Thursday from 10 am to 11.30 am till the end of this Month. The Zoom link is https://auckland.zoom.us/j/98825307563Please also join us if you used…read more
Canvas monthly meeting – July invite
The upcoming Canvas monthly meeting will be held on Monday 6 July, at 10 am, via Zoom. Meeting URL: https://auckland.zoom.us/j/645526692Meeting ID: 645 526 692Dial by your location: +64 4 886 0026 New Zealand; +64 9 884 6780 New ZealandFind your local…read more