The University logo is an important and valuable symbol and is the central tenet of the University’s visual identity. Use of the logo must comply with the standards outlined in the Style Guide to ensure that the University’s identity is prominently and consistently applied, building long term recognition, prestige and value.
Founded in 1883, Auckland is the country’s largest university with over 40,000 students, nearly 10,000 of whom graduate annually.
The University of Auckland is the highest ranked New Zealand university in the main world university rankings.
#1 in Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings
- Overall ranking for impact (1st in the world)
- SDG 14: Life below water (2nd in the world)
- SDG 17: Partnerships for the goals (3rd in the world)
- SDG 15: Life on land (3rd= in the world)
- SDG 3: Good health and wellbeing (4th in the world)
- SDG 7: Affordable and clean energy (5th= in the world)
- SDG 8: Decent work and economic growth (7th in the world)
- SDG 16: Peace, justice and strong institutions (7th in the world)
- SDG 2: Zero hunger (8th in the world)
- SDG 6: Clean water and sanitation (8th in the world)
- SDG 5: Gender equality (9th in the world)
- SDG 1: No poverty (11th in the world)
- SDG 11: Sustainable cities and communities (11th in the world)
- SDG 10: Reduced inequalities (21st in the world)
- SDG 12: Responsible consumption and production (30th in the world)
- SDG 4: Quality education (39th= in the world)
Top 100 in QS World University Rankings
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university in the QS World University Rankings 2020.
Placed =81st in the world, the University is the only New Zealand university in the top 100.
The University of Auckland is also the highest ranked university in New Zealand for its global reputation amongst both academics and employers. Worldwide. The University ranks #59 for Academic and #141 for Employer Reputation.
Top rankings in QS Subject Rankings 2020
In the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2020, the University of Auckland was ranked in the top 100 for 33 of our subjects. In particular, 13 subjects were ranked in the top 50.
Our 13 subjects placed in the world’s top 50 are:
- Archaeology (#25 in the world)
- Education (#27 in the world)
- Pharmacy & Pharmacology (#27 in the world)
- Sports-related subjects (#29 in the world)
- Geography (#30 in the world)
- Performing Arts (#32 in the world)
- Engineering – Civil & Structural (#39 in the world)
- English Language and Literature (#39 in the world)
- Psychology (#40 in the world)
- Philosophy (#43 in the world)
- Nursing (#44 in the world)
- Anthropology (#45 in the world)
- Law (#50 in the world)
First in New Zealand for Graduate Employability
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university for Graduate Employability.
The University has been ranked #1 in New Zealand and #71 worldwide in the QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2019.
In the Times Higher Education Global University Employability Ranking 2018, the University was placed amongst the 150 best universities worldwide for delivering work-ready graduates (#133). The University is the only New Zealand university ranked in the top 150.
QS 5+ Stars rating
In the QS Stars Rating, the University of Auckland is rated as a Five Stars Plus institution for excellence overall, as well as the following categories: Research, Employability, Teaching, Facilities, Internationalisation, Innovation and Inclusiveness.
Top 200 in Times Higher Education Rankings
The University of Auckland ranked =179th in the 2020 Times Higher Education World Rankings, making it the top-ranked university in New Zealand.
Most entrepreneurial university in the Asia-Pacific
The University of Auckland was named Entrepreneurial University of the Year at the 2019 Asia-Pacific Triple E Entrepreneurship and Engagement Excellence Awards in Higher Education.
Most innovative university in New Zealand
In the Reuters’ ranking of Asia Pacific’s Most Innovative Universities – 2019, the University of Auckland has moved further up and once again been ranked as the most innovative university in New Zealand. The University placed #35 overall, with no other New Zealand university ranked in the top 75.
One of the top most international universities in the world
The University of Auckland is placed #13 in the Times Higher Education’s 2020 list of the world’s most international universities.
The list is compiled using the international student score, international staff score, international co-authorship score and international reputation metrics collected for the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020