University for Development Studies UDS 2018/2019 Undergraduate Admission Forms
University for Development Studies UDS 2018/2019 Undergraduate Admission Forms; Get all the information you need on UDS admission application.
The University for Development Studies UDS 2018/2019 Undergraduate Admission Forms will be released in January 2018. The application will fully be done online. Applicants will be required to purchase an admission e-voucher to enable them put in an application.
Read to get all the details and programmes available for application when the University for Development Studies UDS 2018/2019 Undergraduate Admission Forms is finally released.
ADMISSION OF CANDIDATES TO DIPLOMA AND FIRST DEGREE PROGRAMMES-2018/2019 ACADEMIC YEAR
Application forms for admission to diploma and first degree programmes in the University for Development Studies (UDS) will be available online at www.uds.edu.gh from January, 2018 for holders of the following qualifications;
- West African Senior Secondary School Certificate (WASSCE),
- HND/Diploma Certificates, State Registered Nurses (SRN), and
- Mature applicants.
WASSCE applicants who are awaiting their results are qualified to apply but will have to go back to their online account to insert the results upon the release of WASSCE results before they will be considered for admission.
The following courses are currently offered by the University.
a. FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE (FOA)
- 4-Year BSc Agriculture Technology (Agricultural Mechanization & Irrigation Technology, Agronomy, Agricultural Economics & Extension, Animal Science, Horticulture and Biotechnology)
- 4-Year BSc (Family & Consumer Sciences)
- 4-Year BEd (Agricultural Science)
- 4-Year BSc Veterinary Nursing
- 4-Year BSc Food Processing Technology
- 4-Year BSc Biotechnology and Molecular Biology
b. FACULTY OF NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENT (FNRE)
- 4-Year BSc Natural Resources and Environment (Forest & Forest Resources Management; Range & Wildlife Management; Ecotourism & Environmental Management; and Fisheries & Aquatic Resource Management)
This programme is for Pure Science or Agricultural Science (WASSCE) holders. However, non-science-based applicants with credit passes in Elective Mathematics, Economics and Geography are supposed to obtain at least C4 in integrated Science to qualify for admission.
- 2-Year Diploma in Natural Resource Management
c. FACULTY OF AGRIBUSINESS AND COMMUNICATION SCIENCES (FACS)
- 4-Year BSc Agribusiness (Agricultural & Resource Economics, Agribusiness Management& Finance, Agricultural Extension, Rural Development & Gender Studies, Climate Change and Food Security) This is purely a programme for science-based SSCE/WASSCE holders and non-science-based applicants with credit passes in Elective Mathematics, Economics and Agricultural Science
- 4-Year BSc Social Change Communication (This is a non science-based programme for non science-based SSSCE/WASSCE holders but Science-based students are also eligible to apply)
- 2-Year Diploma in Social Change Communication
d. SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING (SoE)
- 4-Year BSc Mechanical Engineering (Options in Thermo-Fluids & Energy Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Applied Mechanic Engineering, Design & Production Engineering)
- 4-Year BSc Agricultural Engineering (options in Food & Post Harvest Engineering, Soil & Water Conservation Engineering, Farm Power & Machinery Engineering, Irrigation & Drainage Engineering)
ii. NAVRONGO CAMPUS
a. FACULTY OF MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES (FMS)
- 4-Year BSc (Actuarial Science)
- 4-Year BSc (Computer Science)
- 4-Year BSc (Financial Mathematics)
- 4-Year BSc (Mathematical Science (Mathematics Option))
- 4-Year BSc (Mathematical Science (Statistics Option))
- 4-Year BSc (Mathematics-With-Economics)
- 4-Year BSc (Computing -With-Accounting)
- 4-Year BSc (Information Technology)
- 2-Year Diploma in Statistics
- 2-Year Diploma in Computer Science
Bridging Science Programme
- Candidates may apply for a six-week bridging programme to prepare them for admission into the University’s Mathematics and Science-based degree programmes at the Faculty of Mathematical Sciences, Navrongo Campus.
- Only those candidates (WASSCE holders) who have aggregate 36 or better – Credit Passes (A1 to C6 only) in the three core and three elective subjects but withweak performance inElective Mathematics ( Grade D7 or E8 )
- Preference will be given to female students from disadvantaged schools.
The Bridging Programme is a residential fee-paying programme at the Navrongo Campus.
b. FACULTY OF APPLIED SCIENCES (FAS)
- 4-Year BSc (Applied Biology)
- 4-Year BSc (Applied Chemistry)
- 4-Year BSc (Biochemistry)
- 4-Year BSc (Applied Physics)
- 4-Year BSc (Earth Science)
- 4-Year BSc (Environmental Science)
- 4-Year B.Ed (Physical Sciences)
To be eligible for admission into the Faculty of Mathematical Sciences (FMS), successful candidates are expected to have at least a grade C6 in Mathematics (Elective). Students admitted into the Faculty of Applied Sciences (FAS) may be allowed to join the Faculty of Mathematical Sciences (FMS) at level 200, subject to first year performance in the pre-requisite subject areas.
Candidates seeking transfer from Faculty of Mathematical Sciences (FMS) to Faculty of Applied Sciences (FAS) at level 200 must meet requirements in the latter before any switch will be allowed.
iii. WA CAMPUS
a. FACULTY OF INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT STUDIES (FIDS)
The Faculty admits candidates to read a 4-Year BA Integrated Development Studies with the following options:
- Environment and Resources Management Option;
- Economics and Entrepreneurship Development Option;
- Development Communication Option;
- Development Administration Option.
- 2-Year Diploma in Integrated Community Development (DICD)
b. FACULTY OF PLANNING AND LAND MANAGEMENT (FPLM)
- 4-Year BA (Integrated Community Development (ICD))
- 4-Year BSc (Planning)
- 4-Year BSc (Real Estate)
- 4-Year BSc (Land Management)
- 4-Year BSc (Development Management)
- 2-Year Diploma in Development Management
To be eligible for admission into the BA (Integrated Community Development) programme, candidates must have, in addition to the core subjects’ requirements; credit passes (A1 to C6) in three elective subjects from either General Arts or Business Programmes.
For BSc (Planning), candidates must have credit passes (A1 to C6) in English Language, Mathematics(Core), Integrated Science (not Social Studies), plus either all subjects in category A, or any two subjects from category A and one subject from Category B below:
- Mathematics (Elective)
- Religious Studies
- Business Mathematics and Costing
- Business Management
- English Literature/French
Candidates seeking admission to read BSc (Real Estate) programme must have credit passes in English Language, Mathematics (core), Integrated Science, Economics, and any two subjects from category A or one subject from category A and one subject from category B below:
- Mathematics (Elective)
- Business Mathematics
- Business Management
c. SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND LAW (SBL)
- 4-Year BA. Integrated Business Studies (Accounting and Management options)
- 4-Year BSc. Accounting
- 4-Year BSc. Accounting with Finance
- 4-Year Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting, Finance, Marketing and Human Resource Management options)
- 2-Year Diploma in Integrated Business Studies
iv. TAMALE CAMPUS
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES (SMHS)
- 6-year Medicine (PBL 1) (This programme is for only WASSCE candidates.)
- 6-year Medicine (PBL 1) ( This programme is for only holders of first degrees in science-based programmes. They should have obtained a First Class or Second Class (Upper Division) ) in one of the following disciplines: Biomedicine, Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Biomedical Engineering, Physician Assistant, Nursing, Human Biology, Microbiology or Biochemistry with at least one year National Service and should have previously obtained credit passes or better in the core subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science; and three (3) elective subjects (Chemistry, Physics, Biology or Elective Mathematics) in the WASSCE Examination.
- 2/3-Year BSc (Nurse Anaesthesia) (For only RGN (Diploma), RGN (BSc Nursing), or Advanced Diploma in Nurse Anaesthesia)
There will be interviews for all candidates (Diploma Holders)
SCHOOL OF ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCES (SAHS)
- 4-Year BSc (Community Nutrition) (This is a science-based programme for WASSCE holders). Home Economics candidates are also eligible to apply.
- 4-Year BSc (Nursing) (for WASSCE holders) Candidates with business subjects are advised not to apply for Nursing. Only Pure Science, Agricultural Science, Arts or Home Economics candidates are eligible to apply
- 4-Year BSc (Midwifery) (for WASSCE holders) Candidates with business subjects are advised not to apply. Only Pure Science, Agricultural Science, Arts or Home Economics candidates are eligible to apply.
- 2/3-Year BSc (Nursing) (for SRN / RGN (Diploma) holders)
- 3-Year BSc (Nursing) programme (for holders of Community Health Nursing or Nurse Assistant Clinical with six (6) credits in WASSCE results (Three core subjects – English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science and three (3) other elective subjects.
- 2-Year BSc (Midwifery) (for holders of Diploma in Midwifery)
- 3-Year BSc (Midwifery) programme (for holders of certificates in midwifery)
- 3-Year BSc (Midwifery) programme (for holders of diploma in Registered General Nursing certificates)
- 3-Year BSc (Midwifery) programme (for holders of Community health nursing or Nurse Assistant Clinical with credits in WASSCE results)
- 3-Year BSc (Midwifery) programme (for holders of Community Health Nursing or Nurse Assistant Clinical with six (6) credits in WASSCE results (Three core subjects – English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science and three (3) other elective subjects.
- 3-Year BSc (Nurse Practitioner) (For only holders of Diploma in Nursing certificates). (WASSCE holders are advised not to apply for this programme.
Holders of Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery would be required to pass an examination to be conducted by the University.
Access Course Programme
Seven weeks Access Course programme is offered to both domestic and international applicants who hold certificates in Enrolled Nursing (Nurse Assistant Clinical) and Community Health Nursing (Nurse Assistant Preventive) to enable them enrol into a 3-year BSc Nursing or a 3-year BSc Midwifery Sandwich programmes. Prospective applicants must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Ghana and be in good standing. They must have worked for a minimum of three years. International applicants must show evidence of registration with their home Professional Regulatory Bodies. Applicants from non-English speaking countries mush also show evidence of proficiency in English Language.
Courses to be offered include the following:
- English Language
- Core Mathematics
- Integrated Science
- Introductory General Physics
- Introductory General Chemistry
- Introductory Biology
- Introduction to Nursing and Midwifery
Admission into BSc Nursing and Midwifery Programmes
Candidates who obtain a pass mark of a minimum of 50% (equivalent to C6) or better in all the above-mentioned courses may apply for admission into the BSc Nursing or BSc Midwifery programmes. Successful candidates will be admitted at level 200.
Period of Access Course
Programme will run from May through June during 2016/2017 Academic Year for a period of seven (7) weeks. Programme will run during weekends only from Saturday to Sunday.
The programme will be located at the following places: Tamale Campus, Navrongo Campus, Wa Campus and Abot College of Health Sciences and Technology, Kumasi.
Closing date for submission of application. Candidates should note that no applications will be accepted after the closing date.
- 6-Year Doctor of Medical Laboratory Sciences (MLS.D)
Admission / Entry Requirement
Applicants to the 6-Year Doctor of Medical Laboratory Science (MLS.D) degree must have either:
a) Credit in the THREE WASSCE core subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits in THREE WASSCE electives: Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics).
b) Graduates of allied disciplines such as Biochemistry, Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology etc. and candidates with GCE ‘A’ level with minimum of credit passes in Biology, Chemistry and Physics in addition to the above 5 “O” level 5 credit passes including Mathematics, English in maximum of 2 sittings, may enter the Programme in Year Two after passing an assessment examination and interview
c) Holders of Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) Diploma and HND in Science Laboratory Technology that have at least 6 WASSCE/SSSCE credit passes) above may enter the Programme in Year Two after passing an assessment examination and interview.
d) Top-Up Programme for 2-Years into MLS.D (Fee Paying only)
Graduates with Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science or B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Science may enter the Programme in Year 5 (2 years duration) after passing an assessment examination and interview.
Interviews for holders of Diploma/Degree for top-up in Doctor of Medical Laboratory Sciences (MLSD) will be conducted
FACULTY OF EDUCATION (FOE)
The Faculty of Education is admitting suitably qualified persons into a fulltime and/or a top-up Bachelor of Education programmes in the following courses
- 4-Year BA (Development Education) – Tamale Campus
- 4-Year B.ED (Social Science) – Wa Campus
- 4-Year B.ED (Business Studies) – Wa Campus
- 4-Year B.ED (Agriculture Science) – Nyankpala Campus
- 4-Year B.ED (Mathematics) – Tamale Campus
- 4-Year B.ED (Science) – Tamale Campus
- 4-Year B.Ed in Basic Education – Tamale Campus
- 4-Year B.Ed in Early Childhood Care and Education. This is a full time programme for WASSCE holders – Tamale Campus
- 2-Year B.Ed in Basic Education. This is a Post Diploma degree programme for holders of Diploma in Basic Education. The programme will be run as a top-up on weekends for workers –Tamale Campus
- 2-Year Diploma in Development Education
SANDWICH DIPLOMA COURSES 2018
Sandwich courses leading to the award of diplomas in the following programmes:
- Diploma In Agriculture Technology;
- Diploma in Biotechnology;
- Diploma in Family and Consumer Sciences;
- Diploma In Agricultural Education;
- Diploma in Social Change Communication;
- Diploma in Basic Education;
- Diploma in Natural Resource Management
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education
- Diploma in Education
Candidates should note that no applications will be accepted after the closing date.
For further information or questions, please contact us through the following numbers (during working hours – 8 am to 5 pm from Monday to Friday:
0372093382 (+2330372093382) or 0205232313 (+233205232313) or 0249117951 (+2330249117951)
or send an email to: